Sunday, March 27, 2016

WPA night


My parents and my sister
all ready to go to the dance
              Most students love the spring time. Not just because the weather is getting nicer and it’s getting closer to the last day of school, but because of the school dance WPA. For any of you who don’t know, WPA stands for Women Pay All. Dances have always been put on the spot for the guys to ask the girl, the guys to pay for the dinner, and the guys to provide the ride for the girls. This time, the guys can get a break and have the girls do everything for the dance. They have to ask the guys and pay for the bill of the meal. It’s only fair for the girls to have a turn to making their night be just as perfect as if the boys were paying.



                I can honestly say that out of all my years in high school, not once have I gone to a WPA dance. I’ve been more of the homecoming person; not just much WPA. WPA is just a smaller version of homecoming. Less people attend and it’s not as big of a deal like homecoming really is.

                While everybody was out getting their hair and makeup ready, I was home “helping” my younger sister get ready. And by helping, I mean just sit and watch her get all fancied up. When she came out in her beautiful dress, I had to do a double take because she looked so gorgeous with her perfect hair, perfect makeup, and perfect dress; she was perfect in everything! She had her boyfriend and a group of friends come over while I was pronounced the photographer for my sister’s phone.

My dinner date with my best friend Sydney
                Even though it would have been fun dressing up and going to the dance with a group of friends, the following night I actually had an anti-WPA with my best friend. After she got off work, we hung out at my house and had our own dinner date. Cookie dough and sushi is the best anti-WPA meal anyone could ever have! We spent the rest of the night with lots of laughs while watching movies.

                Maybe next year I’ll actually go to WPA (even if I don’t have a date still just with some friends) because it’s my senior year. I love the excitement of getting ready and the pain of smiling for all the pictures that are taken! I would say everybody has to experience at least one WPA throughout their high school years!

No comments:

Post a Comment