Sunday, March 20, 2016

Allegiant Movie Review


provided by Google
This past week for most of Iowa students was Spring Break. For lots of people, they left the chilly Iowa weather and went to some place warm. For me, I basically stayed at home and bored myself to death. One cool thing that I did do over break was go see the newest movie of the Divergent series, Allegiant. I would say if you are someone who loves action movies, you should check out this movie!

                It all starts with where it left off with the last movie Insurgent. One of the first scenes is a pickup of the trials/executions of people who helped Jeanine with her plan. I always thought it was a unique way of how they put people on trial; by the injecting some vaccine that makes them tell the 100% truth.

                Once they finally found life outside the wall, it was no turning back. All the technology that was used within the new city, was an awesome picture of how our future could look like. The dictator did a great job of not only showing options for our own future, but also showing the differences of the city within the wall and the city outside of the wall.

provided by Google
                Throughout the movie, I do have to say that some scenes were a little confusing. One scene in particular that I was just confused about was when the soldiers went to the other outside city to capture the kids. I that there was only one city outside of the wall, but apparently there’s different cities among the wall.

                I feel like because this movie is part of a series as well as a book series, it would have been helpful if I read the books first. Reading the books of any series before you see the movie helps A LOT because the books tend to go more into details about everything. I have a friend who read the series and she had to explain some important details that I just didn’t understand from the movie.

                Overall I thought the movie was a pretty good movie that definitely leaves you hanging at the end. I’m excited for Part 2 to come out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment