Saturday, March 19, 2016

Motivation is Everywhere we go


We all know high school can be a tough time when it comes to grades, friends, and other outside situations. But, do we truly know how to properly handle it so it doesn’t lead to more stress? One way how I handle my own stress is by the things that motivate me. A couple examples of ways of how I calm my own nerves down are by putting in my ear buds and just listening to my favorite music, picking up a pen and start journaling, being outside and enjoying the beautiful mother nature, or even looking up inspiring quotes.
provided by Google
                Listening to music can be a HUGE stress reliever. All you need is your phone and some head phones and bam; crank up that volume so it’s the only thing you can hear. All your outside distractions including any noises, stress, thoughts, or even people, becomes invisible to you. After you plug those headphones into your ears, the music becomes your best friend. One of my best friends once introduced me to the song “Fix You” by Coldplay, and told me to really listen to how powerful the lyrics were. If you are in need of a song that will truly lift if you up, I would really recommend fully listening to the lyrics of that song because they are just so powerful and so moving. Even still today, I get chills (and sometimes tears) whenever I hear that song playing just because it has helped me overcome so much all thanks to my friend for introducing that song to me.
                When it comes to journaling, a lot of people take it for granted. I know for a fact journaling really helps relax and calm the body from any stress. It doesn’t even have to be like the whole “Dear Diary” entry; it can be whatever you want it to be. It’s your own thoughts so let yourself be the author and have all the control. If you want to write about the events that happened in that day, or if you just want to make up a story; when it comes to journaling, nothing is turned down!
provided by Google
                With spring starting up pretty soon, the weather will be so much nicer. With the weather being nicer, that means we can spend more time outside. If I’m having kind of a crummy day, when I get home from school I’ll just go outside and start hitting a tennis ball around. Not only am I getting fresh air, but I’m also letting some of my anger/stress out through the tennis ball. It doesn’t have to be a tennis ball, it can be any sport that helps you get your mind off things. If you’re someone who doesn’t really play any sports, another good thing to try is just taking a walk throughout your neighborhood. I think that’s the best time to rethink things over and calm yourself down just because you’re all alone.
                Finally, a quick and easy way of overcoming a tough day is by looking up quotes that inspire you. The first thing I always look up are Disney Quotes. They have a quote for basically all situations plus it’s always from a cute movie that we just adore. But come on, no one can turn down Disney. You could look up lots more of inspiring quotes just off of the internet. Or even, if you want them everywhere you go, there are so many different Apps you could download on your phone that lets you read hundreds of motivational quotes. Two of my favorites are “It may be dark and stormy now, but the rain can’t last forever.” Or “After every thunder storm comes an even bigger and more beautiful rainbow.”
Provided by Google
                You never realize how even the little things in life can motivate or help you get rid of that big bag of stress on your shoulders that is weighing you down. I challenge you when you are stressed out, that you just will take time out of your day to do something that motivates you. Something very little like finding a quote online that made you smile, can change your whole mood for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment