Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sweet and Tasty Sugar of Love


Keeping with the Valentine’s Day theme, one thing that I completely miss from elementary school was our Valentine’s Day celebration. I remember we would spend like an hour just decorating our white paper bags, and then spending the rest of the day handing out valentines while eating some of the delicious treats that our parents bought or even made for us. It was like the one day of the school year that we could get hyped up with loads of sugar! Awe, the good old days!

provided by Google
                After handing out all our valentines to the rest of the class, I spent the majority of the time eating the candy! Every so often I would find a card that I absolutely loved or read the ones that my friends gave me, but usually I didn’t care that much about the cards; all I only cared about was the candy that I got! I would get so jealous if a classmate got a better piece of candy then I did. My all-time favorite were the Valentine’s that included the Fun Dips! That candy stick that you dip in loads of sugar was always the best! Four packs of Fun Dips equals pure energy for at least ten more hours!

                The world has been celebrating Valentine’s Day for several decades now. And, I feel like every year the candy keeps getting better and better. Even still in high school, my friends and I gave each other pieces of valentines to show how much we appreciate each other. Especially within the holidays, candy can be a huge symbol to show someone that they love and care about them. I remember one year one of my dearest friends and I exchanged huge king size chocolate bars with each other. It was one of the best valentine’s candy that I have ever gotten.

provided  by Google
                Some of the common candies that are passed out during the Valentine’s season are fun size chocolate bars, M&M’s, Fun Dips, and Skittles. You know its Valentine’s Day candy when the wrapper is either pink or red and contains hearts on them. Honestly anything could be considered Valentine’s day and perfectly fine to hand out.

                At least one good thing comes from Valentine’s Day candy and that is how it can last for a couple months or so. So if you want to snack on something throughout your day, heart shaped candies are the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment