Monday, February 15, 2016

He loves me; he loves me not...


Besides a box of chocolate, what is the number one thing given out to people on Valentine’s Day? That’s right; a bundle of flowers or a beautiful rose! Flowers are so popular when it comes to showing someone that you love them! I know I got two beautiful roses for Valentine’s Day this past year. Just think the amount of flowers an average person got for Valentine’s Day this year.


provided by Google
                You might be wondering why I’m talking about flowers, and how they can relate to food. Well, certain flowers could actually be edible for a meal. When I first got told that some flowers were edible, I thought they were crazy for thinking that. Flowers are made for the smell as well as a beautiful decoration to have out; not for a meal. It wasn’t until 5 years ago where my whole perspective on flowers changed.

                I was with my family at some fancy restaurant, and we just got our food with three beautiful flowers on side of our plates.

“Awe that’s cute. They made it even fancier by having flowers be put on the side of our plates.”

“Actually, they are edible flowers. Everything that we serve on our plates are edible including the flowers,” proclaimed the waiter.

With a lot of hesitation, we finally took a bite of the lovely flowers that were laying on our plates. They ended up tasting pretty darn good! They had this sweet taste to them that I can’t even describe. They weren’t like cookies shaped in flowers; they were actually flowers with the silky, smooth pedals. Who knew that flowers that actually grew from roots underneath the ground would taste so good?
provided by Google

Other flowers that can be consumed are the delicious chocolate roses. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking; they are not real flowers, but still they are in a flower form. Chocolate roses are common to hand out to people especially this time of year. They have the fake stem and leaves as well as the chocolate wrapped in red aluminum. The chocolate itself has the special features of a rose like the curviness and the shape. They want to make it look as real as possible!

Next time you see some gorgeous flowers, remember they can be used for so many more things than just decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment