Sunday, February 07, 2016

All you need is Alittle Milk


provided by Google
Think back to when you were little kids. What was your favorite thing to have for breakfast in the morning? Did you prefer pancakes over waffles? Or some fruit over a bowl of oatmeal? I remember my all-time favorite thing to eat for breakfast was a delicious bowl of cereal. I practically had it every morning; I couldn’t live without it.

               There are hundreds of different flavors, even brands, which you could choose from when it comes to a bowl of cereal. I remember when I was a kid; I would always get excited whenever I saw that my mom bought Lucky Charms, Reese’s Puff, or Fruity Pebbles. Those three were my absolute favorite while growing up; I lived off those to start up my morning.

               As I got older, I started branching out with my taste buds. I started liking more of the healthier kinds. It was hard to have a favorite because there are so many tasty and filling kinds. Some kinds that a lot of adults usually get are Special Kay, Mini Wheats, Cheerio’s, and Fiber One. They tend to have less sugar and fats and more protein and carbs within them. Typically cereals like those are ones that come in fruity flavors; blueberry and strawberry are the most common fruits that are added.

provided by Google
               Cereal can come all different sizes of boxes. I remember every time I would go up and visit my grandparents, they always had the mini individual boxes that had just the right amount for one serving. I always liked those because if I didn’t finish a box, I could take the rest on the go and finish it in the car. The next size that you usually see is the average size that could last maybe a week. It’s the perfect size for a family of four, but not so much for a family of six like mine. You might be wondering what then can feed a family as big as mine. Well, the giant bag or family size boxes fit perfectly with the amount of family members I have.

               Not just is cereal an awesome breakfast to have to start off your morning, but it also makes a great snack to have during the school day. No, I’m not suggesting pouring yourself a bowl in the middle of a class; I am saying though that you can put some dry cereal in a plastic baggie and munch on it throughout your day.

               Cereal is one of America’s favorite and common things to have for breakfast.  It’s been here for generations. But, who knows when it’s going to die down; it could still be popular when grandkids are having kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment