Sunday, November 15, 2015

Munchy, Crunchy Pickles


           “I have two pickles. I have two pickles. I have two pickles today, Hey Hey!” Several of you may know where that line is from; but the newer generations I highly doubt that you know what movie that is from. It’s from one of my favorite older movies “The Little Rascals”. It’s when the two littlest ones are riding in this car and the African American little boy sings about his excitement of the two pickles he has. Someone must really love those pickles to be able to start a song on it.

               That little boy shares the same excitement towards pickles just like others do, but in the real world; some people really love there pickles. I know for a fact that I could eat pickles all day. They are one of my favorite foods that are also easy to take while on the go. Pickles come in all shapes sizes. You could get the jumbo kind, or you could get the little bitty baby pickles that you can eat in two bites.

               Another thing that is awesome about pickles is how they also come in different flavors. There’s horseradish, sweet, sour, and the most popular one of all dill. I remember back in the day, I would only eat dill pickles; I couldn’t eat ANYTHING but dill. Now, I could eat any flavor of pickle there is out there, but I still prefer the dill.

               People think pickles are gross because they are all green and bumpy, but actually they are on the healthier side of the spectrum. Pickles are very similar to cucumbers. The only difference is the texture of them. Think of it like they are cousins to each other. That’s how similar and related they truly are. I would say pickles are one of my favorite vegetables out there.

               When going to a fair or an amusement park and we want something to snack on, I sometimes get a pickle on a stick. Yes, those do actually exist. For those of you who have never heard or seen this, it’s a jumbo pickle that is just on a stick; pretty self-explanatory. It can be one of the juiciest things that the fair sells. As soon as the first bite is taken, pickle juice goes flying everywhere sometimes even in people’s faces and eyes. A pickle on a stick is not just fun to eat, but it also fills you up quite quickly. So you don’t have to keep shoving your face filled with fair food.

               You can get all pickles all over your town with all different kinds of flavors. Pickles are a common vegetable that tons of people love to munch on. There’s never a dull moment where munching on those crunchy pickles are not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment