Sunday, January 31, 2016

Raw Fish wrapped in Deliciousness


Every time I say “I’ll have one order of sushi please.” I always get strange looks from my peers. “I can’t believe you like sushi” or “How can you like that stuff? Raw fish is so nasty” are usually the comments that I hear all the time from my friends and classmates. Sushi may not have the best smell, but it definitely has a unique and amazing taste that I could definitely never pass up!

provided by Google
               My family has always been fish lovers. Especially during the Lenten season, we would have fish all the time! It wasn’t until my freshman year of high school where I actually didn’t mind the taste of sushi. I actually tried it before in like 6th or 7th grade, but I clearly remember I HATED it; it was just nasty! But then my family had it one night again, but this time I actually liked. My taste buds had to probably change because I never tasted something so delicious! I didn’t just like it; I LOVED IT!!

               Sushi is just basically rice, seaweed, sometimes veggies, and raw fish! The raw fish is the part that freaks everybody out, but actually you can barely taste it when it’s completely wrapped around with the rice. The rice as its outside layer, gives it that moist-texture layer. It may seem really gross and slim, but as a whole you barely notice it.

               Lots of people don’t know, but sushi does actually come in tons of different flavors. The kind that I usually get from the store is California Roll; the Spicy addition. You can ask for spicy or non-spicy, tuna or regular fish, one filled with mostly veggie, you can decide which veggies you want in there, or you could make it your own. There’s always something new to try if you are up for the adventure!


provided by Google
               One thing that people use as a dipping sauce is Soy Sauce. I’m personally not a fan or Soy Sauce in general, but for those who are; it makes a great dipping sauce. People say it gives an extra taste to the raw fish and helps it become more enjoyable to have!

               If you were like me and always hated sushi, I challenge you to go out of your comfort zone and just try once again. You never know you might actually surprise yourself and end up really loving it, and become addicted just like how I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment