Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tasty but Chalky


Did you know the name “Puppy Chow” came from the Midwest, but going even deeper into that, it originated from Iowa? Even though the snack itself is all over the nation, the name for it came from Iowa! How cool is that? That probably makes Iowans want to eat it even more. I bet you now can picture it as well as taste it within your mouth. Just think: the freshly warm, sweet, powdery, chocolate covered cereal melting your tongue away!

               You never know what delicious is until you‘ve had Puppy Chow; even better your own homemade Puppy Chow. This chalky snack can be taken on the go whenever you need a snack for the ride. Just remember your napkins! Puppy Chow works great with events going on like a show choir event (it makes great money at a competition) or even a team snack after you have gotten done playing a hard game. Puppy chow is such an award winning snack! It deserves the best!

               Even when the powder gets all over your hands, it’s still pretty tasty. The leftovers on your finger tips are the best part because you can lick it all off when you are done. Sometimes though you may get lucky and not have that much powder left behind because of the amount you poured into the bag to mix with.

               If you want to be creative, you could add different kinds of chocolate or peanut butter. Instead of using peanut butter, Nutella would make a perfect combination with it. Or even using white chocolate chips instead of using the milk kind. I even know a recipe that adds a couple drops of lemon juice in it to give it that sweet lemon flavor. Puppy chow is great for experimenting new things.

               Puppy Chow has been around for a while and it just keeps getting better and better. You’re probably craving Puppy Chow now! Go now and make it and even maybe add your own little taste to it!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Now I'm really craving puppy chow. Could you possibly link to a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome, I really want some puppy chow right now, will you make me some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you talked about how the puppy chow is "chalky". This lets readers who have never tasted it understand the texture of it. This blog made me crave puppy chow. Great topic and suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love puppy chow! I hate how true it is when you say that it is a great seller at show choir competitions. I'm pretty sure I lose 10 dollars and competitions because of that chalky goodness :$

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^ Thanks Ellie now I'm really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge lover of puppy dog chow and I will fight anyone who says it's too chalky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge lover of puppy dog chow and I will fight anyone who says it's too chalky.

    ReplyDelete