Sunday, October 18, 2015

Snap. Crackle. Pop.


“Snap. Crackle. Pop.” You can’t hear it? Come closer. “Snap. Crackle. Pop.” Did you hear it this time? The best time to hear the snap, crackle, and pop would be when it’s dead silent with your ear leaning in towards the bowl to be able to hear the dazzling sounds from the milk and Rice Krispies mixing together. When I was little, I always believed that the noises you hear from the cereal are just the tiny little elves from the box whispering into your ear. The voices of the cereal never failed to stop the whispering that goes through our ears. The voices were always the thing that got us excited to eat a bowl of Rice Krispies.

               One of the best toppings to add to the bowl of the original kind would have to be a scoop of sugar; the sugar just gives it the taste and makes you want to have more. Too much sugar though can cause it to be too sweet while too little sugar can cause it to be too bitter. You have to find the perfect amount that sets you.

               One of my favorite Rice Krispy flavors would have to be the chocolate kind. I have always had a sweet tooth for any type of chocolate especially when I was younger. Growing up, one of my favorite kinds of cereal was the Chocolate Rice Krispies. I remember when my mom wasn’t looking, I would sometimes even pour a whole another bowl because I liked them so much. It made the milk in the bowl taste like chocolate milk which was always a delight to have. The only bummer part about the chocolate brand was that you couldn’t really hear the voices speaking to you.

               For holiday parties at my school, my mom would always make Rice Krispy treats for them. It would always vary with the kind that she would make. When it was for Halloween, she would use the regular kind with orange food coloring within it. For Christmas they would usually be the chocolate ones with red and green sprinkles as the topping. For Valentine’s Day, you called it; they would be the original with red food coloring mixed in with it. My mom was all about treats and making them be perfect for the right holiday.

               Snap. Crackle. Pop. Can you hear it this time? The voices are calling your name! You can never turn down the innocent little voices within your bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment