Sunday, October 11, 2015

Double Stuffed or Just One Big Lie


              Are double stuffed Oreos’ really double stuffed? I’m guessing this question has crossed everybody’s mind at least once in their life time. Well, I have the answer for you and it’s a big fat NO. Back when I was in 7th grade, we had to do a project for math class to see if they were truly double stuffed or not. It turns out that it’s the same amount of fluff on the inside, but the crackers are thinner making you believe that there’s more fluff. I bet I know what you’re thinking now: My whole life I’ve been living off of a lie!

               Did you know that on top of an Oreo cracker, there is a little symbol that the creators wanted to add so everybody knew that they invented them? Even with the different amount of flavors there are, that symbol is on every single cookie. If not, then it’s not a 100% original Oreo cookie.

               Speaking of different flavors, it surprises me with how many flavors there are out there today being made. I bet there are over 100 different flavors that people could use from just within the Oreo brand. Some of my personal favorite would have to include original, mint, red velvet, birthday cake, strawberry, and peanut butter. I can honestly say that I’ve never actually tried all the kinds but with that I would never want to try them all. The company takes everyday food that people love and put it between two chocolate cookies that makes it not as good anymore. Some examples would be a buffalo wing flavor, ramen noodles, bacon, fried chicken, broccoli, cheeseburger, root beer, cotton candy, candy corn, and lots more all as stuffing flavors. Just reading those doesn’t even sound pleasant. I guess the company will do whatever it takes for people to try them!

               One of my favorite things to do with the Oreos is to take out the white fluff and dip the cracker in some milk. It becomes a little on the soft sound but not too soft for it to break; it’s just right with snacking. Then once I’m done with all the crackers, I roll up all the stuffing into a giant ball and take bites of it. Somedays I might actually leave the whole cookie together and dip with that but rarely I do that (it last longer if you take it apart).

               Oreos are such a yummy after school snack to have; they definitely set the mood. If you can’t decide what flavor to get, go with the old fashion ones. The original ones are always the way to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love Oreos! I remember that experiment we did and I was so mad.Great job! I like how you incorporated so many ideas with Oreos into one. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Oreos! I remember that experiment we did and I was so mad.Great job! I like how you incorporated so many ideas with Oreos into one. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete