Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lets Dig In


Click for Options
The cake my mom made for my sister's birthday.
             Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to (insert name)! Happy birthday to you! I love celebrating birthdays especially mine. It’s such an exciting celebration to have with friends and families. Every year on my birthday, it’s a tradition that we spend a night in a hotel with the relatives just to hang out and have fun. It’s just perfect timing because it’s held over Christmas break and all the family is around to celebrate. We have been doing this tradition for about 10 years now. And every year it gets better and better.

               It’s not a party without a birthday cake! Whenever we have a family gathering and a birthday is included, either my grandma or my mom will make an angel food cake to help celebrate. I’ve lost count of the number of cakes my mom has made just for family celebrations. When we’re all together for Christmas, we take time to celebrate all the December birthdays by having all of the 14 December birthdays sit around a cake while the others sing happy birthday to us.

               Not only do we celebrate our birthdays with family, but we also celebrate with friends. Throughout the past years of my friend birthday parties, we would try different styles of cakes to find the perfect one. It first started with my mom making a cake herself, then to an ice cream cake, next would be a regular store bought cake, then back to my mom’s baking, and now it’s at a cookie cake. Cookie cake is my absolute favorite kind of cake especially when the cookie is doughy on the inside. I finally found a type of cake that I can’t get enough of.

               Another thing that makes a cake special is the icing or design on it especially when it comes to younger kids. Children have a bigger creativity and imagination which includes princesses, cartoons, etc. Kids tend to remember birthdays with a little extra design to the cake. For an example, I remember some of the designs I’ve had on my cake before including a Hannah Montana, Chicken Little, a soccer ball, flowers, and a SpongeBob. Themes make it 10 times better!

               And finally, what’s a cake with no candles! With no candles, that means the birthday girl/boy doesn’t have anything to blow out and make a wish with. The most common ones you could use are the original candles, the ones that are numbers, or even the tricksters’ one that takes forever to blow out. No matter what the age is, you always need at least one candle to top it all off so you have a chance of your wish coming true.

               From an ice cream cake, to a cookie cake, or even to your mom’s own homemade cake, the cake is one of the best parts of a celebration. So next time you’re at a big party or celebration, make sure you get a piece of that delicious cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment