Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Progressive Dinner Party: The Dessert



provided by google
Once everyone has spent 2 to 3 hours enjoying the main meal at the last house, they end their night with the famous desserts that everybody loves. After all the appetizers and the main dish with all the other delicious food, you would think that there would honestly be no room for desserts; our stomachs couldn’t handle any more food. But, as soon as you see those creamy chocolatey pies, you become extremely hungry again. You just have to have a slice of that pie or even two. This year, it was my aunt, uncle, and cousin’s house that was hosting the final straw for the night.

               Once we inside, a little disappointment was shown because they said that we had to wait like 15 minutes before we could dig our faces in. But, if you think about it; it is actually common sense and politeness to wait until everybody is there and the host are ready to serve. So instead, while we were waiting, we just chatted with the family some more and hung out in their living room. My mom actually thought that it would be a great idea to take some family pictures while waiting just to stall the use of our time.

               The best news of the night was announced saying that the desserts were ready to be handed out to everybody. In the middle of the table, they had a tray filled with miniature cupcakes piled on top. That was the first treat that I got a taste of and let me tell you this: The cherry flavored frosting with a vanilla bottom made my night! It just had this rich and sweet taste to it that fit perfect with the whole Christmas theme. The cupcakes were also the perfect size because we all wanted to get a little of everything.

               The next three things that they brought out were three average size pies. One was a coconut creamed pie, another was a fudge pie, and the last one was mixed chocolate pie. They all looked so tasty that I didn’t know which one to choose from. Even though that cupcake made me really full, I still had to try at least one of the pies. So I sliced up a small piece of the fudge pie. And trust me, it was just right! The fudge that took up most of the slice was mixed with other layers of chocolate that just nailed the perfection for it. It tasted just like Heaven!  Even though I was a tad bummed that I didn’t get to have a slice of the other types of pies, my mom did let me try a bit of the coconut one and that was just as good!

               From this crazy afternoon filled with excitement and joy as well as all the delicious food that I got to try while bouncing from one house to another, it’s always such a joy to be able to get together with the family and catch up in each other’s lives. This is by far one of my favorite Christmas traditions!

1 comment:

  1. Is it your favorite Christmas tradition, is it really?

    ReplyDelete